Owner | Principal Attorney
Alexander Karana is a 1st-Generation Chaldean-American and comes from an immigrant family of small business owners and entrepreneurs. Prior to law school, Alex worked in the automotive industry on a global scale and his experience includes the development of long lead vehicle transmissions for both startups and the world's largest automotive corporations. Alex has been involved with developing products from the prototype stage to mass production and has the experience to provide business solutions to individuals, startups, and mature companies.
UIC John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL
J.D., Concentration in Intellectual Property Law, 2020
- Review of Intellectual Property Law, Editor-in-Chief.
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Thomas M. Durkin, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
B.S., Chemical Engineering, 2013
Activities & Affiliations
Lawyers for the Creative Arts
- Executive Board Member, Events Chair
Illinois IP Alliance
- Events Committee
- Assyrian-American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Chaldeans in Engineering & Technology Association
“Introduction to Intellectual Property Law for Engineers,” Chaldeans in Engineering & Technology Association, Online Presentation (Zoom), Alex Karana & Joe Dallo, May 30, 2020.
- State of Illinois